Freephone: 0800 2800 094
0161 979 0003Text: CIC to 88802Email:

“Whenever we called with an enquiry, it was responded to very quickly”

Start My Claim Now

Pedestrian Accident Claims

Road traffic accidents are not just dangerous for those travelling in the vehicles involved. If you become the victim of a road accident while walking, you may be able to make a pedestrian accident claim to compensate for your injuries.

Compensation is by no means restricted to drivers and passengers in these situations, and indeed pedestrians are often in more danger in these incidents as they do not have the protection a car or van can provide.

If you are a pedestrian injured as a result of negligence on the part of a driver or motorcyclist, you should speak to Croftons personal injury solicitors right away to assess the likely success of your claim.

How your claim works

A pedestrian accident claim is similar to most other road traffic accident cases. The first factor to bear in mind here is the time frame, with victims only allowed to make a claim up to three years from the date of the accident.

Once you have decided to proceed, Croftons will take care of all aspects of the case. If you are a pedestrian involved in a car accident, your claim will be made against the ‘at fault’ driver’s insurer, and we will endeavour to make sure you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injury.

For example, if you required medical treatment or were forced to take time off work to recover, any costs incurred or earnings lost as a result would be included in your compensation.

Motor Insurance Bureau

There are certain circumstances in which your case may need to go through the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB).

They can help if you were hit by an uninsured driver, or if the person who caused the accident failed to stop. If you are the victim of a hit and run, getting the vehicle’s registration number will make your chances of success more likely.

While the MIB can be invaluable in these cases, your claim is very likely to take longer to reach a conclusion, as the processes involved here can often require more time than claiming through an insurer.

If you would like advice on starting a pedestrian accident claim, you can call Croftons on 0800 2800 094 for more information or fill out our contact form.

Croftons Injury Claims and Croftons are trading names of Croftons Solicitors LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with number OC343375.
The term ‘partner’, if used, denotes a member of Croftons Solicitors LLP or a senior solicitor of Croftons Solicitors LLP with equivalent standing and qualifications. A full list of members is open to inspection at the office. Croftons is authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) number 508041.
VAT Registration number 145 2172 89. Croftons has its principal place of business at The Lexicon, Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5FA.
We do not accept service by fax or other electronic method.