A UK police force has revealed its employees made 26 successful accident at work claims over the last 12 months.
A Freedom of Information request unearthed the data kept by West Midlands Police (WMP), prompting allegations that they have failed to provide a safe working environment for officers.
Claims were made for a wide variety of injuries, including:
- Six slips and trips
- Two dog bites
- Two officers injured by colleagues when responding to a call-out
- One repetitive strain injury
- One fall from an office chair
- One case involving a faulty taser
- One worker hit by a car park barrier
- One officer hurt trying to get into a building to deal with an armed robbery
- One asbestos-related industrial disease
However, WMP have responded that this year’s total is a 7.5% drop on the previous twelve months, meaning they had actually improved their record.
Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale said: “We are responsible for our employees when they are on duty and when we fall short of meeting that responsibility, they are entitled to protection under the law and seek redress through the courts.”
Making an accident at work claim
Croftons Solicitors has a strong track record of dealing with work accident claims, many of which have featured injuries similar to those listed above.
We will fully assess your case and support you throughout the process, ensuring you receive the appropriate medical care and obtaining professional evidence to support your claim.
Call our team today on 0800 2800 094 or fill in the enquiry form on this page.